Member Message: Ambassador Program
Chamber Ambassadors mission is assisting the Chamber in retaining members. Membership retention gained by connecting, promoting and creating a stronger chamber community.
Ambassadors are important to the Chamber
Your job as an Ambassador is to utilize your skills and provide a communication link between our membership and the Chamber and between our community and Chamber.
As an Ambassador, your role includes mentoring new Chamber members, promoting membership, encouraging participation in Chamber functions, greeting members at events, volunteer, participation and support of various programs and projects evolving around the business community.
The Chamber’s credibility is closely linked to your credibility as an Ambassador. It is very important that you carry out your Ambassador responsibilities in a professional manner.
The Ambassador Committee is composed of 15-30 active member volunteers who donate 3-5 hours per month toward various Chamber activities. Ideally this would be a 2-year commitment.
- Committee members are required to be current member of the Chamber
- Have employer’s approval to participate
- Participate in Ambassador Orientation
- Attend bi-monthly meetings
- Always promote the Chamber in a positive manner
Responsibilities & Duties
- Bi-Monthly Ambassador meetings – updates and upcoming events, speaker presentation, Ambassador of the Month
- Ribbon Cuttings – welcome members, greet guest, take pictures, help with set up, invite new members to events
- Monthly Luncheon – set up, greet, or registration table
- After Hours – welcome and greet members, and help with registration table
- Recruitment – take initiative with non-member businesses you patronize or meet at events.
- Signature Events – Attend and volunteer at Chamber signature events
Through your participation in the Ambassador program you will enhance your career through strategic networking. Your community knowledge will grow. While attending events, volunteering, you are increasing your visibility of both yourself and your business, potentially expanding your own client base.
Awards & Recognition
In addition to achieving greater business visibility and credibility within the community, Ambassadors who have excellent contributions to the Chamber are eligible for each Ambassador of the Month Award and the Ambassador of the Year Appreciation Award. We will celebrate YOU and recognize your contribution in our eNews and social media platforms.